Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where should I go to?

Since Teaching Practice is just a heartbeat away (sigh), I need to make up my mind and decide the school, district, and state that I want to go to. Discussions with THE parents went no where; but it left me undecided and I wonder if you people who cares to read, will at least give me a way out.

We'll go through each state.

Selangor.
Pros;
- born and raised here. Familiar with most of the districts. So you can campak me wherever.
- mama: if you do your teaching practice here, you don't have to rent house, do your laundry and cook.
- ayah: i don't mind sending you to school everyday. (reasons not to give me a car, haha)
- won't have to think much if I run out of money. Mobile ATMs are around. :)

Cons;
- don't know who wants to do practicles here. Most ppl opt for Melaka.

Negeri Sembilan.
Pros;
- easy to go back home. If I apply for Seremban, can go back naik KTM. Ok lah tu! ;p

Cons;
- ?

Melaka.
Pros;
- A lot of people are going to Melaka.
- I can have a new 'air'. Haven't had the chance to stay for a long time in Melaka, except for school/ family trips
- ?

Cons;
- Life would be difficult without wheels.
- Would spend a lot on a lot of things.
-?

So whats the verdict? Maybe you can give me a little help here. I have all the reasons in the world to make my own decision, but I would have to admit that I'm indecisive. Do I really have to make an entry about this, ever? Go figure. People might say I'm exaggerating. But my freaking degree is determined by this freaking teaching practice. Darn.

8 comments:

blodyn said...

no worries. im facing the same predicament :P how bout if we stay in selangor, we go to putrajaya, and if we choose to go somewhere else, we'll go to the same place? DON"T LEAVE ME MIMI~! aaaauuurrghHH!! huhuhu

mimie_t said...

haha. great. now i have ONE person who wants to go with me. Lol

ayumin said...

MELAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
good enough reason for Ayah to give you a car hehee

mimie_t said...

ayumin : i wish! haha

am said...

mimie hye~

okay this was what we went thru this yr:

sngor: areas wud be putrajaya, kajang, bangi, serdang. schools v nice, except serdang.
supervisors would be lecturers yang bz / ssh to travel around: dr. arshad, pn. ju, dr.gee.
one obvious con that mite kill u: we werent observed right to the minggu2 penghujung (i was obeserved on week 9!), endless torture it was, and dr.arshad usually only tells u when he'll come the night before. and informing u he cant come just 5 minutes before the expected-to-be-observed lesson is pretty normal.


negeri 9: usually PD (but the environment agk menakutkan coz banyak anak chinese kaya2 -a bit rude- like PD high sch), seremban
supervisors would include lecturers like dr. ghaz, dr. ed, dr. gee (probably), and fbmk lecturers like fauziah hanim or mr walker (mat saleh tu)


if u go to melaka: thats pure luck on who'll be ur supervisor.. i think u can get in touch with my class and ask them which area was assigned to which lecturer. like dr. noreen will almost certain be sent to the area of her hubby's kampung.

but if ure refering to the same "you-know-who" as we do, i can say try and avoid her. i'll ask my fren who's been observed by her so u might want to avoid that area. life is miserable enuf during intern, u dont need to end your 4 years grieving with a bad grade for teaching. which that was exactly what she did to my fellow frens. btw, dr.ed and dr. jaya will usually take bandar melaka. dr. edwin just loves to stay at equatorial.


love,
kak marina.

mimie_t said...

Kakak, thank you. But i'm still undecided. Some rumors are spreading; TESL students will be sent to N9 only. PMBP to Melaka. Tp xtau la kan. We'll be filling in the forms on week 9. Tggu Dr.Jaya bg briefing psl bnda ni la dulu kot. Should there be any Q i'll get back to you, okay? :)

p/s: Dr Walker tu best x? A friend of mine suka btl kt dia. She'll be excited once she hears about this.

blodyn said...

heeeyooooo nie mesti syeda kan? she's got like orang putih fever la.. huhuhu. maybe i should bring her when i lepak with my orang putih friends. hahahah. kang jadi teruja gila babeng :P

mimie_t said...

hahaha. mmg dia pn. tp x smpat nk bgtau lg. hehe

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr