Thursday, September 2, 2010

So I misunderstood

Dear Diary,

There's a word that may describe what I'm feeling right now. It's
E-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d.

Classes today were from 8: to 10:, 10: to 12: and finally 15: to 17:.
My students asked me to join them for iftar. And I said yes. But the offer was followed by-- "You have to bring your own food lah Miss. Kitorg sediakan venue je." :P

I can barely stand, and I didn't want to force myself to walk alone to get food. Luckily there's a mini Bazaar at the parking lot opposite the faculty. So I decided to buy something there. Half way back to the faculty, I noticed that I didn't buy my drinks yet. Sigh. So I headed there, again. On my way back, unfortunately, I dropped one of the plastic bags I was carrying. It was the one with the drink in it! That happened just before I crossed the road. A man walking nearby was looking at me when it happened. And he had this pity-that girl look on his face. Then he smiled, impliedly saying, "Tak apa lah, tak ada rezeki' I reckon.

I still want to buy drinks. So I walked to the shops, hoping to get a large bottle of Twister so that later, I boleh minum sampai puas. And I did! Then I walked again, allowing myself a little smile of satisfaction. A man walking the opposite direction smiled at me. And I thought 'Oh maybe he smiled because he thought that I was smiling to him when I was smiling to myself just now'. And I walked across a few shops. Another man was smiling at me. And it felt weird. What is it with these people? Maybe they're just being nice. After all, Senyum tu kan sedekah.

Approaching the small gate to enter the faculty area, I suddenly noticed that there was a twig on my kain. And I've been carrying it with me since I don't know when. Now that explained the 'smiles' that I received. -_-" I brushed it off, and walked again. That's basically the story of the day.

P.S Something went wrong. I actually clicked the 'save now' button but this post was published.

2 comments:

ctfadzlin said...

LOL!tak baik gelakkan you..cobaan di bulan Ramadhan no?maknanye Allah sayang kat you...:)

mimie_t said...

Berjalan seorang diri sesungguhnya mmg tak cool. :P

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr