Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost there.

The nearly-3 months-holidays is almost over. Duh! I think I've got a rotten brain now i.e. it's not possible for me to engage my brain with anything (academically, or intellectually, which ever you prefer). Talking about spending the holidays wisely, I think that there's only one time that I was able to be productive enough, in terms of getting to use my brain.

The teacher from a tuition center I went for an interview a long time ago (yes, I did) asked for my help to replace a teacher who cannot make it that day. I have some problems dealing with school kids (primary). I have the tendency to 'loose it', most of the times. Pardon me, I'm a human with many flaws. Ya, lame excuse you'd say. He he.

SO, I taught them English Language. It's more like tutoring because the class is very small. Two standards (2 and 4) combined as one, with only 4 students. I can remember my students names; Alvin, Irene, Ezetty and Ivy. They were students of different proficiencies. But since that was my first experience to teach 'real students' (finally), felt that it was indeed a valuable one. Some of the students were my sister's ex-students, so I was being a bit cautious of my ways in handling them, (talk about being afraid of being compared to her). *laughs*

And that was my first teaching experience. The 'other' time would be during the Teaching Practise some time in 2009. Maybe these will be the only times I'll be teaching school kids, unless I change my mind and decide to be a school teacher (but I think that is almost impossible. Period.) Anyhow, I'm glad that I survived the day. :-) It was not easy, really. Alvin was more enthusiast about folding papers to make a jet rather than writing answers to my questions. He ended up flying his jet for the last 15 minutes before the class ended. Mischievous boy.

P/s: It's been quite a busy week. My younger sister will be doing her degree in Law, heartiest congratulations (Gor2, your orientation starts this Sunday! *giggles*). I know that she'll be doing fine. Good luck!

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr