Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Of Struggle and Hope

Good day, people. I decided to write something that I had in mind long time ago. It bugged me- that if it doesn't get written, so long- then it'll be forgotten. So, here goes. The fact that we experience a lot of things in life, we shouldn't take those lessons for granted. Alas, life is short; which gives us more reason to experience more, trust enough to take, and accept the unchangeable.

"Take any emotion - love for a woman, or grief for a loved one, or what I'm going through, fear and pain from deadly illness. If you hold back these emotions - if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them - you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief. You're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails.

But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain is. You know what love is.You know what grief is. And then only you can say, 'All right. I have experienced that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment.' "

Tuesdays with Morrie


Well, sometimes we just don't realize that a LOT of things happen for a reason, and we'll possibly understand that once it's gone - if not the next day, maybe in the next 20 years- it leaves you a little wiser (at least than before). Life isn't always great, ayt? At the age of 21, I can't really say that I've learned 'life's greatest lesson'. There's still a looong way to go, and hopefully more yet to come. As I browsed the net for some enlightening and insights, I accidentally found this.

KITA BERTANYA : KENAPA AKU TAK DAPAT APA YG AKU IDAM-IDAMKAN?
QURAN MENJAWAB
'Boleh jadi kamu membenci sesua tu padahal ia amat baik bagimu, dan boleh jadi pula kamu menyukai sesuatu, padahal ia amat buruk bagimu, Allah mengetahui sedang kamu tidak mengetahui.'
- Surah Al-Baqarah ayat 216


KITA BERTANYA : KENAPA UJIAN SEBERAT INI?
QURAN MENJAWAB

'Allah tidak membebani seseorang itu melainkan sesuai dengan kesanggupannya.'
- Surah Al-Baqarah ayat 286

So here I am, thinking of how I have reacted to events which happened all these while. Those things, they were only phase (a good friend always tells this to me). But yes, I feel that there's a lot for me to change about myself, talk about being a better person(!) I can't say that I'm content (yet) with what I have today, there's so much more to achieve. Nonetheless, I’m grateful for the life I have now, and yes, for every single thing I had had experienced throughout my whole life.

I'm still on a journey to find a better me, do pray for me ya? ^-^


0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr