Friday, June 27, 2008

This is just to say...

I feel lucky. I am blessed. I got this picture from an email a friend sent to me. Thought that it'd be nice to get it posted here, perhaps it would make us count our blessings, for God has given us so much and most of the times we tend to take things for granted.



This is the Aboubakar family of Breidging Camp

In front of them are the amount of food they consume in a week. I admit that sometimes when there's still a lot of food in the kitchen, I'd say "Why, can't we have anything other than these to eat?". These people managed to survive, and yet, they have to save a lot for a living. Living is hard for them, what more if they can hardly get food to eat. I'm not that rich, but I have parents who can afford to provide us with healthy food to eat. Good brain works with good food, quoting Mama.

Something contradictory to what I've written above, very often, it's difficult for us to admit that we can be satisfied with what we have today, since everything is rising. The oil price. Should I say more? There goes my dream to drive my own car. Pffft. People who owns their own vehicles thought of selling theirs. But the public transportation is not good enough to cater for a lot of people who apparently decided to go public.

Well, a friend of mine shared his thoughts regarding this minyak issue. As he said, forty percent increase in the market petrol price is high when almost every citizen in Malaysia come from middle-class or lower family. With such increase, everything (price wise) will go up.

To absorb/cushion the impact of price increase, the government came up with the idea of giving rebates to these "poor" people. Ask one question to yourself, are those people who have transport were the only group affected by the increment? The answer is NO. People with vehicles pay for fuel and rebated (so little), that's fine; however they overlooked the other minority, a group which rely entirely to public transportations. They are affected as well, if not as bad as those with cars and bikes. Is there any possible way to 'protect' their right? Not everyone can afford to live like those people 'up' there, right? (unfortunately, truth hurts). Should we be worried?

I'll leave you with those question marks. Till then~

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr